1. Rules 1.1 The Regatta will be governed by theRacing Rules of Sailing and prescriptions of US Sailing. 1.2 The ILCA Constitution and Bylaws in regard to sanctioned events except where changed here or in the Sailing Instructions. 1.3 If the spinnaker is drawing at the time of an infringement and if the spinnaker is subsequently reset, there shall be a one-turn penalty instead of a two-turn. (this changes RRS 44.2) 1.4 VHF radios will be allowed for communication between boats and the Race Committee as per ILCA By-Laws Article VIII 5.b.4 .a. The Race Committee requests and encourages the use of VHF Radios as described in the Sailing Instructions. 1.5 One race shall constitute a series. 1.6 Advertising, ISAF Regulation 20 will apply.
2. Eligibility 2.1 The regatta is open to boats of the Lightning Class that conform to the class rules. 2.2 A classic division will be formed if 3 or more classic boats participate. A classic boat as defined as any Lightning built of wood or a glass boat older than the year 1976 or hull number 12777. 2.3 All boats shall have all necessary safety equipment as specified in Article VIII of the Lightning Class Bylaws. Safety checks may be conducted.
3. Registration & Fees 3.1 Registration can be completed online at:https://hendersonharboryc.com/Founders. The registration fee can me paid online by credit card, or in person via cash or check. 3.2 The registration fee is $60 per boat, and includes a make-your-own taco dinner.
4. Schedule Saturday, 08:00-10:30 Boat arrival and setup, onsite registration July 8 11:00 Skippers Meeting 12:00 First Warning ~16:30 Happy Hour/Dinner/Awards
5. Sailing Instructions 5.1 Sailing Instructions shall be available Saturday morning at registration.
6. Venue 6.1 The regatta will be held at the Henderson Harbor Yacht Club and the waters of Henderson Bay.
7. Courses 7.1 Course will be drop mark, windward Leeward. Inflatable tetrahedron, balls and barrel marks as equipment allows. 7.2 Starting sequence will be under Rule 26. 7.3 Four course races are planned, time allowing.
8. Scoring 8.1 Appendix A, and there will be no exclusions.
9. Prizes 9.1 Prizes for top 3 finishing boats; Founders Regatta (Classic Fleet), top finishing boat.
10. Radio Communications 10.1 Except in an emergency, a boat shall neither make radio transmissions while racing nor receive radio communications not available to all boats. This restriction also applies to mobile telephones. 10.2 The Race Committee may make race announcements on VHF radio on a predetermined channel as detailed in the Sailing Instructions.